Dell inspiron 9400 no sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by d8mop, Apr 3, 2011.

1. d8mop

d8mop Private E-2

Hi there, i have a dell inspiron 9400 with no sound. I t has sound coming through headphone jack and sound appears in the volume mixer but no sound at all.
    There does not appear to be a problem with the driver or device and i have just replaced the speakers and still no joy, please help and thanks in advance, Damian!

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. r1tcht

r1tcht Private E-2

Same problem here, no sound through the internal speakers but fine through headphones, and I solved it - for me anyway

I spent two months googling the problem, re-installing drivers etc

The problem was the headphone jack socket - it must have been dirty and the system thought the headphones were connected when they weren't, so it didnt play through the speakers - I just stuck in the headphone jack and fiddled around till the sound came on

Two months wasted !

Simple peeps!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds