dell inspiron n5010

Discussion in 'Software' started by cornfed, Jul 27, 2012.

1. cornfed

cornfed Private E-2

So i just bought this pc off a buddy of mine , really cheap. I get it home and i start to do a complete fresh install of windows 7 (64 bit). As i complete this i notice i dont have the wireless card driver , sound card driver , usb drivers. No problem i thought but i procedded to get the drivers direct from dell and low and behold no of them are working.

sound card driver error not compatible with current hardware,,, its the default driver.
    USB are showing up in device manager but still not working?

Networks show up but im not showing a wireless adapter , i have search out this driver and no luck... *broadcom_wlan_5603506

Now if any of you guys or gals can point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time
    cornfed.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What I would install first is the Chipset driver HERE and reboot, then install the other drivers, and see how you get on,

All drivers HERE

3. cornfed

cornfed Private E-2

(17:25 , 7/25/12)
    So quick follow up , the usb filter did nothing , the sound card drivers IDT does not support this hardware( message during install)
    I have all the drivers from that site already and ive installed them with the exception of the usb filter wich i just installed and rebooted. no imediate change as of yet , so thanks again for your input.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What yellow ! marks do you have in Device Manager?

Chipset is the crux of the OS and drivers here, so if its not been installed then you will get nowhere.

5. cornfed

cornfed Private E-2

Everything is as it should be , no yellow (!) and thats why im so confused about his. i will try a fresh install and start with the chipset drivers and go from there.

i will post back , thanks for your response.

6. cornfed

cornfed Private E-2

OK now that ive solved 1 of 3 problems , wireless is working now but i still cant seem to get the IDT driver to take and the USB ports are showing in dev manager but still nothing. I came across an article about the M$ UAA bus for win xp but nothing for win 7. Could this be the cause of my sound issue? I have tried to install it using compatibility mode win xp sp3 without result.
    As far as the USB 2.0 not working im still researching this but i figure one step at a time. -)
    thanks for any response
    Cornfed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds