Dell Inspiton Laptop Slow Loading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jeffcp, Nov 10, 2016.

1. jeffcp

jeffcp Private E-2

I own a Dell inspiron 15 series 5000 laptop. From the day I bouht it a lot of querky things happen. Now frequently it takes a very long time to load web pages and when on a page it sometimes freezes up an sometimes when scrolling it takes a few seconds to move the scroll bar. It is very jerky when it tries to move. The small loading circle icon stops and starts a lot and it takes a longtime to load anything. I have a intel(R) core(TM) i7-6500 CPU@2.5GHz 8.00GB RAM 64bit . It is using Windows 10 Home and is a touch screen. I ususally my mouse. Has anyone else experienced any similar problems with this model? Is there anything that I can do to speed up this unit It is only a few months old. Thanks

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Which browser and Flash versions are you using?

3. jeffcp

jeffcp Private E-2

I am using Firefox browser and I am using shockwave flash 23.0

4. satrow

Okay, first rule out Flash being involved (the Release version is frequently buggy, I avoided it for years by using the ESR version, almost without issue. Adobe have now forced us all to use the Release version), uninstall it, and any dregs from previous versions, with the browsers closed: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/adobe_flash_player_uninstaller.html

Reboot and test without it and see what difference it makes to general browsing, before reinstalling from a fresh, full installer and testing again.

It might be that you need to tweak some Flash/browser settings as well but see if the above makes any difference first.

5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Check what version of Adobe Flash Player you have. It is NOT the same as Adobe Shockwave Player. They are two very different plug ins.

6. satrow

As in: Version 23.0.0.207 is the current version of Flash, to check > (Alt) Tools > Addons > Plugins > (Shockwave Flash) More ...

Though if you follow my earlier suggestions, you'll end up with the latest version anyway.

7. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Shockwave FLASH is: Version 23.0.0.207
    Shockwave PLAYER is Version 12.2.5.195

8. satrow

Then the OP's obviously not referring to Shockwave Player.

9. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I've got an Inspiron 15-5555 with an AMD A8 7410 quad-core @ 2.2 GHz (turbo to 2.5). When I first got it, it was noticeably slower in all aspects than my Latitude E6400 with Intel T9550 C2D @ 2.67 GHz. Two things I did — I maxed the RAM in the Inspiron and I swapped out the HDD for an SSD. It helped considerably. Do you have on-board graphics that uses part of your RAM for itself or a dedicated graphics card with it's own RAM? On-board graphics slows things down too (at least in my case).

10. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Exact model number please.

When is the last time you performed a Cleanup?

Is this machine certifiably malware free?

11. jeffcp

jeffcp Private E-2

I bought the computer new and have run spybot search and destroy No problems noted. I also have Kapersky total security suite. Scans have noted no viruses. The exact model is Dell inspirion 5559, windows 10 home version 1607, RAM 8.0 GB, 64 bit system. I have noticed that my wi-fi sometimes drops off the line especially when using ProXPN VPN. Even with this off it loads web pages slowly but is OK after all the ads and stuff load. Until thenit is very sluggish. I use CCcleaner after most uses. Thanks for your reply. Have you heard of any other users having a problem with this Dell model?

12. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

satrow likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds