dell laptop, fujitsu HDD, need to low level format

Discussion in 'Software' started by selftotnewby, Feb 3, 2010.

1. selftotnewby

selftotnewby Private E-2

anyone know where i can find the low level format software? i noticed the fujitsu site sends you to toshiba now. i could not find it on toshiba site.

dell laptop very slow. try to use dell re-format operating system disc and get the following every time

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "ok" to restar the computer, and then restart the installation.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

There is a diagnostic and an erase utility. Most manufacturer's put all the utilities on the DOS version but I'm not sure about fujitsu.

I'm wondering if you are having a problem with your RAM. Maybe remove one module and then try an install to see if it goes any further.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

selftotnewby, I have a few questions.
    1. Are you using a MS Windows disk or are you using a Restore/Recovery disk that came with your Dell.
    2. Do you have a floppy drive or a working CD drive in your Dell laptop?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds