Dell Laptop Monitor Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RMadness66, Aug 30, 2005.

1. RMadness66

RMadness66 Private E-2

A friend of mine has a fairly new Dell laptop that has been having display problems. Apparently every time it's turned on it works fine for about 10 minutes and then darkens so that you can hardly see the desktop. Turn it off, turn it on, and it does the same thing.She contacted Dell and was told that it is most likely a crystal problem. I read another thread on here that said similar symptoms were a backlight problem. The thing is they said the new part would cost around $200 and the service would cost just as much. I was wondering if you guys thought it was crystal or backlight and if it would be possible for me to fix it. The thing is, if it's not fixable for cheaper she's just goin to buy a new one so i figure if it's at all possible there's no risk in openin the thing up and givin it a shot. Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds