dell laptop weird display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by languy99, May 23, 2006.

1. languy99

languy99 Corporal

ok guys i have a inspiron 8100 and have an interesting scenario, when it starts up the display is really small maybe 50% of the screen but when windows finally starts and the display drives come into play the screen fills out, well as you might now this makes it really hard to work in safe mode, do you guys know what could be up? i have the latest video drivers from dells site too and that didn't help.

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean?

(Have you tried installing nVidia or ATI drivers?)

3. IanTheGeek

IanTheGeek Private First Class

Im pretty sure... infact, almost positive that it is a BIOS setting. I have a Toshiba laptop that used to like to do that exact same thing. Just browse through the bios for any display settings, it will more than likely be in there.

4. languy99

languy99 Corporal

well what is happening is that after it posts the display size is really small, instead of taking up the whole screen it only takes up a 5X5" square on the screen, its also like that in safe mode, but when the display drivers start up everything is fine. my only problem is that working in safe mode is a pain because its hard to see everything. now i did get the newest bios and the newest video drivers and that didn't help, also there is no option in bios for display settings.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds