Dell Latitude Power up problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tomgreaney, Sep 16, 2006.

1. tomgreaney

tomgreaney Private E-2

I have a Dell Latitude laptop and now whenever i try to turn it on before it gets to the desktop screen it beeps and turns off... I have tried removing the battery and trying to boot it on just ac but same thing happpens, any ideas?

It was working fine up until a couple of days ago.. this started happening very Suddenly.

2. tomgreaney

tomgreaney Private E-2

Would anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? ... Please... Thank you.

3. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

My first guess would be a protection type of thing, maybe a bad cooling fan, i would try removing one stick of ram [if it has two] and try booting with one, then if nothing try the other stick by its lonesome. ed

4. tomgreaney

tomgreaney Private E-2

Thanks for replying.... i just tried turning it on again and the fan dosen't come on at all... that must be it!...

Now i just have to get that fixed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds