Dell motherboard to a new case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anubis, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Anubis

Anubis Private E-2

Is there a way to mount a Dell motherboard from a Dimension 4600 to a diffrent case? I was told that they are custom mounted to the Dell case but then i heard that they can be remounted somehow. Can someone help me on this.

2. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

You would need to mod the motherboard tray on the new case, if possible. While Dell boards are generally micro-ATX form factor, their mounting points are usually not standard.

3. Anubis

Anubis Private E-2

Okay how would you recomend doing that or do you know of a site that you can send me to.

4. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

I'd say the best way would be to drill and tap your own holes so that the motherboard will line up, then put standoffs in them. (to keep the motherboard from touching the tray.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds