Dell studio 1536 model PP33L WON'T boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by marispapa, Mar 4, 2015.

1. marispapa

marispapa Private E-2

Hoping for some help with my laptop. I got this from my father in law and worked so so. The issue I am having is I turn power on screen lights up the windows vista design pops up goes to next screen that says windows with b the nice light blue background. Then you see the mouse pointer flicker on an off like it's doing something then the screen goes black with a mouse pointer showing. That's as far as it goes. I can access safe mode tried running cards said there was an error ran it to fix the error and it says it's scheduled for next start up. But the start up never happens because it doesn't boot properly.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

Go into safe mode. Click the start button. In the dialog box type this command: CMD This will take you to a command prompt. At the prompt type rstrui.exe This will start the restore feature. After running the restore feature, restart the computer to go into Windows normally. This should solve your problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds