Dell Studio 1555 Windows 7 Blue screen of Death

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Johnnyboy224, May 10, 2012.

1. Johnnyboy224

Johnnyboy224 Private E-2

Ok, I was just on my laptop which has no problems at all, and all of a sudden I heard a "errrrr" sound and then a blue screen popped up and said a error had occured and it would be an automatic restart. I couldn't finish reading the screen, it had restarted and everything seems normal now. Is this common and if so what was the problem? A site I was on or something? I was just listening to music from Youtube.

:confused

Is this going to keep happening?
    Like I said this is the first time I had this happen, Ive had this laptop since 2 christmas's ago.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

I can't say what the problem is but if you have not backed up any important data on your hard drive, I would do so as soon as possible. Could be nothing but it always pays to be careful.

3. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

I can try to find out the likely cause for you if you can get the dump file:
    Find the minidump - C:\Windows\Minidumps\ XX ... XX.dmp (the most recent 3 or so), copy it/them to your Desktop and zip then attach the zip file here.
    If it's a larger dump, in C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP, you'll need to copy it to the Desktop, zip and upload the zip to a hosting service - Skydrive or whatever, make it publicly accessible and post the link to it in a reply.

Also detail what was happening: what you were doing, programs that were active, during the 5-10 minutes before it happened, that often helps a lot to track it down.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds