Dell Vostro battery causing problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kirk48, Mar 16, 2011.

1. kirk48

kirk48 Corporal

After several days of chasing my tail trying to find out why this Dell Vostro 1000 is acting screwy I removed the battery and everything cleared up. Anyone know why the battery would cause the computer to go really slow and lock up?

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

This is quite a common issue relating to dell's and their batteries,some of the cells in the battery burn out and create a power shortage fault. the only fix is to either buy a new battery or simply remove and just run off the mains.

iain.t :major

3. kirk48

kirk48 Corporal

Yes, I see that now. I've found several people who said they had the the same strange problems with other Dell models and batteries. I wish I had known that before I checked for Malware and hardware concerns before reloading Win XP. I ran the Dell Diagnostics and it claimed the battery was A Okay! Finally in desperation I pulled the battery and wa-la!

Thanks for the quick reply.

4. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

5. kirk48

kirk48 Corporal

Yes, it is a little startling to see such a massive amount of battery problems from such a well known computer company. Thanks for the replacement battery source, you've been very helpful.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds