Dell website

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arcaian, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Arcaian

Arcaian Private E-2

Sorry about posting it here, but I don't know where else to put it, and as it is a new computer at stake, I guess hardware will do.

I was looking for a new computer on the dell website, and I was on the us version ( as that is the automatic one for dell.com ) and I found a really good deal - an Inspiron 560, but that doesn't matter. I go onto the Australian site to order it, and find out that there is no "Advanced Graphics" tab. My computer I wanted to order was in there, and I was wondering if there was any way for it to show that on the australian site, or to order it from America ?

Thanks
    Arcaian

2. Arcaian

Arcaian Private E-2

Oh, and I have sent a message to Dell.com.au about it.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I live in the US, but I logged in to the "dell.com.au" site just see what was going on . . . I kept clicking on the "Continue Customizing" button until a window popped up that said something like "Dell Sales Support is available for online chat". I'm assuming if you use that method (the online chat), you can probably order any video card you want . . . .

. . . . HOWEVER . . . .

I strongly oppose ordering directly from Dell. Your support options are going to be crap. If you're lucky, you'll get a human in India or Pakistan on the other end of the phone, and that's all the free support you'll get (and, of course, those of us here at Major Geeks that are willing to help ;) ). I suggest that you figure out your tech needs (CPU, RAM, hard drive, GPU, etc) and then visit your local independent PC store. Bring in the price from Dell but do NOT expect them to meet or beat the Dell price. They can probably get close, but will make up the difference with support. As a full-time tech in a small local independent PC shop, I can tell you first hand that having local real support is priceless. Many people don't consider the support aspect when purchasing a PC, and mainly look at price + parts. There is MUCH more to a PC purchase. It's not like buying a microwave or fridge.....

..... just my opinion ..... I really think that spending your hard earned money locally is MUCH more important than saving a few dollars with a faceless multi-national corporation....

4. Arcaian

Arcaian Private E-2

Strong response there :) . I was just browsing and saw the awesome deal, ( it was a good deal already, but with $200 off it was amazing ) and was then let down when I went to buy it 0_0. I really need a new computer though - when it's lagging during flash games, you know it's bad. I've already kept it going for 6 years.

So I should just talk to dell about it ?

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yup. If you use the on-line sales chat (or customer chat, or whatever it is), they'll get you squared away. Be sure to have the model number(s) ready, and if there's a number for the package you want (for example: sometimes they assign a 'package number' to a PC that comes with keyboard, mouse, speakers, monitor, printer, etc), have that ready too so that when the Dell "chat-ist" asks, you'll be prepared.
    ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds