Desert Combat .40J Released!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cashy, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Cashy

Cashy Private First Class

2. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

I got 'em both & I must say I am impressed with the new DC release. I truely believe they've reached a level to which they could charge for it now. :D

The new "Stream" map on EoD is sweet. I've always liked the close fighting type maps better anyway. LOL

I guess that's why I'm chompin' at the bit waitin' for Call of Duty to be released. :(

3. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

I downloaded the 'full' download again in hopes to avoid my crashing to desktop with .39 and I've been playing this thing non stop and it's great :D I just have this wierd loading problem now. It spits and sputters during loading with the sound cutting in/out and it sounds like a broken record. Takes about 3-4 to load a map now, same thing in BF1942 too. Wierd.

4. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

There is a line in default.con that says this;

Sound.soundBufferCacheSize 200

Try adjusting the buffer upward to 600 or so (max is 2000) That may help if the sound is the issue.

I had that same thing before & this helped alot.

I've been playin' with tryin' to install it to something more along the lines of C:\BF1942. In the hopes a shorter distance to look for stuff. I've got it to work with Vanilla BF, but it crashes when I install RtR. :confused: No biggie, I just have way too much time on my hands. :D

5. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it didn't help. It's as if the files are extremely fragmented or the hard drive is having to search for the files while trying to load them. It does this in BF1942 and Desert Combat only !!!! I have the latest patches for the game (BF), latest vid drivers (Cat3.7), current mobo drivers, and so on. I don't know what this thing is but I actually timed how long it took to load a map and it was 4mins 23secs. That's just ridiculous.

6. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Ouch :( I seen something about this on another site. I will see iffin I cain't find it fer ya. :D

7. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

Ok, thanks ;)

8. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

Well, it's official. My Desert Combat has officially crapped itself to the point where it is completely unplayable.............AGAIN :mad: This mod is good, but I have to ask "What good is a mod when you can't play it?" Desert Combat can kiss my ass until they make it stable.

9. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Ok i can't actually find that link sowwy :(, but if memory serves me correctly ( which is debatable :D ) you need to uninstall the whole mess, including all registry entries, and start over. It seems some people are having alot of problems with the updates.

After it's all gone install BF1942, RtR if you have that, the 1.45 patch and then any and all mods ( using the full versions not incrementals ).

I done this after a recent reformat & I've had nowhere near the amount of probelms that others are having. Another guy was saying that his done exactly the same as yours has done & this purty much cured it for him. I still get the occasional "Connection problem Detected" crap, but it doesn't just CTD like most. This problem can also be addressed by setting your connection speed to one level lower that it actually is. :D

Hope this helps ya man.

10. Cashy

There seems to be a problem in single player, where a bot will enter the second position of the F14, and it will CTD. It is not a problem online.

11. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

I've done all of that and it still doesn't seem to help. Thanks for the advice though. The developers, after three updates, have yet to even acknowledge there is a problem with people CTD. I'll be willing to bet they won't fix this problem with the bot being the bomber in the F14 either. *yawn* No more DC for me. If they don't care, I don't have to play it.

12. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

they did a REAL NICE job on this release.. ..Thumbs up from me!

13. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

Don't ask me why, but mine works now. I formatted the comp last night and reinstalled everything and it works like a charm. Go figure :eek:

14. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

It seems the game is very picky about how you install the updates. Glad it's workin' for ya now. ;)

15. |Robot|Bender

|Robot|Bender Private E-2

Here is a suggested course of updating.

Install BF1942.

Install the 1.45 patch (full)

Install Desert Combat

Install Desert Combat update (full) to .40j

When you do that, it seems to work fine everytime....

;)

16. Cashy

I had to:

Install BF1942

Install the 1.45.18 patch (full)

Install Desert Combat .38d (full)

Install Desert Combat .39k and .40j Patches

Install the 1.45.18 patch (full) AGAIN

It all works now

17. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

o m f g

this mod is SO F*CKING GOOD !!!

We've played it -so- incredibly much at the lan and it was so much fun, flying is cool and it just got better :)

Black Hawks and the like all own when you learn to fly them :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds