Deskjet 1120c and Windows XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by IMSA, Dec 7, 2003.

1. IMSA

IMSA Private First Class

Anyone have any experience with these? Since upgrading to XP my printer toolbox has disappeared and I'm no longer able to align the print cartridges. Looked at the HP and Microsoft websites without any luck. Any ideas?

IMSA

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

HP don't even have that printer on line. Is it one of these?

hp deskjet 1100c printer
    » hp deskjet 1120cse printer
    » hp deskjet 1120cxi printer
    » hp deskjet 1125c printer
    » hp deskjet 1180c printer

If so go to HP's site then support & drivers.

Get the driver & software for XP. Read their instructions on how to install it.

3. Regina Knight

Regina Knight Private E-2

I have the same problem. Called HP tech support and after much discussion, they advised me to download the driver and software for the deskjet 1220C. They gave me 90-10 odds it would work. The driver works (but then XP Pro has a default driver for the 1120C that worked), and some of the software works but not all. The 1120c feature I liked best was the ability to reformat reports from any source (word, excel, calendar, etc.) and print them in booklet format or duplex (odds then evens and it did all the paging). So far, the 1220c allows me some options, but the reformatting part is very IFFY. To be honest, I have not tried to align the cartridges with the 1220 toolbox yet.

I'm hoping to find a geek who has modified the 1120c toolkit to run in 128 bit mode instead of 64 bit. I think that's the problem, and is why HP didn't bring that printer forward to support in XP. Have you found a solution yet?

4. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

Greetings and a warm welcome to the MG webforums, this page has a small FREE driver identification software package, hope you find it helpfull I found many a resource on Google, most apply that printer to Linux OS, thats why you may now have a conflict on win xp,,Glenn

http://www.driverguidetoolkit.com/

DriverGuide Toolkit identifies and lists drivers installed on your computer and, when connected to the Internet, allows you to search DriverGuide.com (and other sources) for driver updates and manufacturer sites. In addition, it allows you to backup your currently installed drivers for safe keeping. Backing up your Windows driver files means that they will be available to you the next time you need to reinstall the driver or the whole operating system. DriverGuide Toolkit places the driver files in one organized location of your choosing.
    DriverGuide Toolkit is especially helpful in situations where you have a computer in your possession and the internal hardware is unknown. DriverGuide Toolkit can identify the hardware on the system and the associated drivers, back them up to a specified location, and find the latest driver updates for them. DriverGude Toolkit is even network compatible - you can just as easily connect to a remote computer on your network, backup drivers, and find updates!

5. rox

rox Private E-2

HP Deskjet 1120c Align or Clean Print Cartridges XP, Windows XP
    I am happy to say that I found out how to align the print cartridges in Windows XP.

Start
    Control Panel
    Printers and Faxes
    Right Click on HP 1120c
    Select Properties
    Select Services tab
    Two options are available for cleaning and aligning.

Finally! I registered in thei forum so I could help others avoid a couple hours of searchng the internet trying to find this same information.

Dont you jsut LOVE the internet :) :) :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds