Desktop background picture

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wong7980, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Wong7980

Wong7980 Private E-2

I have Windows XP on my HP Pavilion a6235x desktop PC. There are too many pictures in the "Backgroun List" inside Control Panel/Display/Desktop. How can I remove them?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Check here C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper and remove the ones you dont want, as its the default location to stored desktop wallpaper.

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks! Not sure why you want to remove them, they are small files... Click on the Browse option (from control panel/display/desktop), select my computer, C:, Windows, and they should be at the end of the folder. Delete what you want, close the desktop, and reopen it. Should get rid of them for you.

Beat me to it Halo....

E

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  4. Wong7980

Wong7980 Private E-2

Hi, thanks for your info;
    Pictures in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper I want to keep. But there are many other pictures in Control Panel/Display/Desktop, inside the box "Background" that I want to remove.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds