Desktop can't connect to internet after 8pm

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by moyer24, Oct 15, 2011.

1. moyer24

moyer24 Private E-2

My desktop is not plugged into my modem, it can't be due to the location of the cable box. So I went to Best Buy and spent over $100 purchasing a USB netgear adapter (which always blinks blue to gold) and two plug in adapters. The plug in adapters will get the blue light during the day but lose it everynight at 8:00 on the dot.

I reset my adapter to no success. Now my wireless still works, my phone and xbox can still connect wirelessly. Just not the desktop through these netgear adapters. But it works fine all day. I don't get it.

Ive disable IPV6, I've turned off all firewalls. And before that blue light disappears on the Netgear plug in adapters, my computer actually stops connecting around 7 pm. And sometimes the netgear blue light will come back on, is currently, but I will not be able to connect to it until morning. No matter if I restart computer, reset IP, reset adapter.

It will say I'm connected, and updates and FTP will work but none if the Internet browsers will connect.

I tried the FixYa download at Microsoft, and now my firefox resets to Manual Proxy Configurations so I always have to reset that under options to auto-detect.

Ipconfig shows a 169. IP, I assume during the day it's not though.

Ipconfig/all:
    Node type: hybrid
    Ip routing enable: no
    Wins proxy enabled: no

Ethernet adapter connection
    Connection specific DNS suffix :
    Description: intel(R) 82562v 10/100 Network Connection
    Physical address : 00-24-E8-18-1C-14
    DHCP Enabled- yes
    Auto configuration enabled -yes
    Link local ipv6 address- fe80::a147:a71a:b189:501d%11(preferred)
    Auto configuration ipv4 address: 169.254.80.29 (preferred)
    Subnet mask : 255.255.0.0
    Default gateway:
    DHCPv6 IAID: 251667688
    DHCPv6 client DUID: 00-01-00-11AC-C7-BB-00-24-E8-18-1C-14
    DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
    fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
    fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
    NetBIOS over Tcpip: enabled

Tunnel adapter local area connection*7:
    media state: media disconnected
    Connection specific DNS suffix:
    Description: Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
    Physical Address: 02-00-54-55-4E-01
    DHCP Enabled: No
    Auto configuration enabled : yes

tunnel adapter local area connection 11*:
    media state: media disconnected
    Connection specific DNS suffix:
    Description: isatap.<AE5EF1B8-E88D-4A31-BA90-B043C87e2E5D
    Physical Address: 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
    DHCP Enabled: No
    Auto configuration enabled: yes

Please tell me what to try, I've had this problem since the end of August, I can't handle it any longer. Nighttime is when I have a moment to go on the computer. Im on my phone typing this entire thing, I'd really rather use my desktop.

2. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

You could try giving it a static IP address and see if that helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds