Desktop/Display settings

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jun 27, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I have an elderly woman's laptop here with XP Home SP2 and the icons were really, really small, as are any open dialog windows. I was able to get the icons to a legible size for her, but any open dialog windows are still too small. For example: she plays a lot of Freecell and Solitaire, but I can't figure out how to get the cards to appear larger so they'd be easier to see for an elderly person. I've tried messing with the resolution which is now at 1600 x 1200. When it's turned down at all, it gets a black border and the desktop no longer goes all the way to the edge of the screen. So, how do I get the stuff that's inside a dialog box to get larger? I have already increased font sizes which helped with some things, but the cards in the games are too small.

THANKS!

(BTW- this PC has never been online, ever, so malware is a non-issue)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds