Desktop dissapears

Discussion in 'Software' started by headmans, Aug 31, 2008.

1. headmans

headmans Private E-2

After booting up, sometimes my desktop disappears after browsing the web. I can log off and log on and I can continue working. It does not seem to be any one website. Any ideas or configuration? I have a Lenovo T61P laptop on XP2 Sp2
    headmans

2. Doc13%

Doc13% aka Kestrel13! aka Emms

Hi and welcome to the forums. First question would be have you ran scans with your anti virus or anti spyware products you have installed?

3. headmans

headmans Private E-2

Yes, I have WebRoot antispyware always running and also Spyware Doctor Onguard running. I performed a complete scan without any viruses detected.

4. headmans

headmans Private E-2

Thanks, I ended up removing malware and virus programs, reloaded fresh from the webs and ran them. Found many problems, cleaned and repaired and now I'm running good again. Seemed strange that the software needed reload.
    Thanks again Doc 13%

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Glad you have it sorted out. I had the exact same problem on a PC; it was the result of tons of malware and viruses....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds