Desktop files deleted when uninstalling BounceBack

Discussion in 'Software' started by quinn26, Dec 17, 2009.

1. quinn26

quinn26 Private E-2

Hi,
    Today I was finally trying to safely back up my pictures by installing BounceBack which came with my Verbatim drive. My computer has been acting up lately and I was having trouble installing it - I installed it to my Program Files, but was unable to start the program. Stupidly I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to my Desktop (I overuse the Desktop) thinking it would run for some reason. It placed tons of icons on my desktop so I went ahead and uninstalled it again. Well in that process it deleted many files that I kept on my desktop (I should not keep files on my desktop). I tried to restore my system to yesterday and to last week and neither have recovered those files. About 80% of the files on my desktop are gone. They are not in the recycle bin either. I have Windows XP. Thank you very much for any help. :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds