1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desktop goes blank

Discussion in 'Software' started by SportsNut, Nov 8, 2004.

1. SportsNut

SportsNut Corporal

This just started tonight.

I'm running XP

Whenever I open and then close Windows Explorer, Control Panel, and several other windows, as soon as I close them the desktop goes blank and then they come back. It's almost like it's resetting itself. Sometimes the "restore active desktop comes up and I have to say ....restore.

I have checked everything, I have run a reg cleaner, several spyware programs......ran win doctor, and disk doctor......I have rebooted several times.

Nothing came up with anything.

I have not added, installed, or downloaded anything today and it was fine today and all of a sudden tonight it started doing this.