desktop icons will not load

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sharingan, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Sharingan

Sharingan Private E-2

I'm having the exactly same problem as grateful_fred.
    I was in Safe Mode removing some Trojans, scanning using VGA. I think one of the error was with explorer.exe and i deleted it!! Now i can log into normal mode or safe mode and sees only the wallpaper with the mouse cursor. The only thing i can do is Ctrl+Alt+Del. Any help before i bring it to the computer store for repair? I don't have the recovery cd btw (my dvd-rom won't read cd, it only read dvd)

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. Sharingan

Sharingan Private E-2

After google "missing explorer.exe" i've managed to overcome this problem. The solution is just simply copying explorer.exe from my laptop and paste in into C:\WINDOWS and it's back to normal =] Thank God.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds