Desktop not loading in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by vegasniceguy, May 29, 2006.

1. vegasniceguy

vegasniceguy Private E-2

I have had a lot of malware and trojan downloader attacks the past two months. It takes forever for my PC to boot.

Going into Safe Mode, my desktop does not show. If I try and run Explorer by starting a task, it does not run.

I assume this is because of some virus I have.

Thanks in advance!
    Jim

2. ST47

ST47 Private First Class

by desktop, you mean background or icons? background(the pretty picture)doesn't load in safe mode, same thing with most programs. if you mean icons, wait a few minutes, do you see the taskbar when you have this problem?

3. vegasniceguy

vegasniceguy Private E-2

The icons are not loading. There is no start button and the win start button on my keyboard does not bring it up.

Thank you for your response.

Jim

4. ST47

ST47 Private First Class

is this windows XP? if co, do ctlr alt delete and go to processes and check if the following are running:
    system
    explorer.exe
    if either isnt, do file>newtask

5. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

HI!
    I found this 'somewhere else' Who knows? Maybe it will work for you too?

:confused: Cross yer fingers!

6. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> The icons are not loading. There is no start button and the win start button on my keyboard does not bring it up. << vegasniceguy

I'm assuming you're using Windows XP... Try the instructions at the following webpage link:

How Do I Recover My Desktop, Icons And Taskbar. They Seem To Have Disappeared

"There is nothing more disconcerting than booting up your PC only to find that you have a completely blank desktop; the icons, taskbar and start button having simply disappeared. Unfortunately there is no easy fix for this problem. But, basically, there are around four ways of attempting to salvage the situation..." Click Here to Read More

Good Luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds