Desperately Needing An Adblock Add-On For IE...

Discussion in 'Software' started by J8son, Sep 27, 2011.

1. J8son

J8son Corporal

AdBlock Plus for Firefox works wonders on a few sites I visit that tend to have WAY to many banner ads and videos that are embedded and load all at once. This becomes especially troublesome when viewing multiple tabs of the same site (it basically turns into a loud, jumbled mess).

Can anyone recommend a good Add-On for IE that functions similar to the Firefox version (disabling these types of elements on a per-site basis using filters or presets of some kind).

I'm unable to continue using Firefox as my main browser and need an equivalent. I know Outpost Firewall used to have a great version of this called "Web Control" but I've switched to BitDefender now.

Thanks!

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Sorry, did not read where you wanted something for IE.

This is a paid program but it was well worth the money. I used this way before ABP existed.
    I believe there is a 30 day trial so you have ample time to see if it does what you want before you spend any $$$. http://www.admuncher.com/

3. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

Is it that you can't use Firefox as your main browser, or that you must use I.E.? AdBlock Plus supports more than just Firefox. If you could use Opera, there is Opera AdBlock which is essentially AdBlock Plus.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds