Device\Cdrom0 has a bad block

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tab, May 14, 2007.

1. tab

tab Private E-2

Hi. I have an IOMEGA RRD drive that uses Rev drives. The drive is not reading any of the REV drives that I put in. In the event viewer, there is an error Event ID 7 "The device, \Device\Cdrom0, has a bad block. the last time this happened, I updated the drivers and firmware, rebooted a few times, reinstalled my backup software and finally got it to work. Now, it is happening again and I am wondering if the actual drive is going bad. I don't have access to another Iomega drive, but I find it hard to believe that all of my REV drives are bad (I have tried 10 of them). My connections seem to be seeded properly.

Thank you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds