Device Fonts in Word

Discussion in 'Software' started by mdietz39, Feb 28, 2013.

1. mdietz39

mdietz39 Private First Class

I am using Microsoft's Word 2003 and Xp Pro. Suddenly (started yesterday) the only fonts I have available for a document are Device Font 10cpi, 12 cpi, and 17 cpi. I do have over 300 fonts on my computer. I have checked and they are still there in the folder Windows/Fonts. And Device Font is not in the list.

Apparantly some setting in Word has changed, ie, losing the location of the available fonts. I have looked and looked and helped but find nothing about this.

Help Please.
    Thank you very much
    Mike

2. mdietz39

mdietz39 Private First Class

Problem solved. I found a thread on another forum dated 2003 with the same problem. The problem arose when I set the Generic/Text printer as the default printer. That printer driver does not access the existing fonts.

Thank you guys for having this forum which helps so many of us ding-a-ling nerds.

Mike

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds