Device manager error code 41

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scandalous1au, Aug 29, 2008.

1. scandalous1au

scandalous1au Private E-2

First Post so i Hope i have the correct area. My problem is hopefully simple error code 41 in device manager .All imaging devices are getting the same error "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)" i first noticed it when i tried to open a logitech web cam and had "no cam found" i also have a JVC mini dv video camera i connect via fire wire or iEEE the card is installed correctly and reports no errors the web cam is connected via usb . I am not concerned about the web cam but the video is important. the computer is running xp sp3 oh and i have recently had troubles with a trojan downloader of some type its all claer now but this problem remains .Previously both the web cam and JVC mini dv were able to connect with out any difficulties.I have installed and uninstalled all drivers and even removed the fire wire card and replaced it in a different pci slot after powering Off the whole system (even removed the power cable).

hope you can shed some light on this
    thanks guys
    Bruce D.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Let me get this straight: the JVC is connected to the PC thru a PCI firewire card. The Logitech web cam is connected via a USB port. Why would the Logitech and the JVC have anything to do with each other? If they're connected to different ports, and the JVC is on a PCI firewire card, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Unplug everything from your USB ports and reload your chipset drivers (available from your PC/motherboard maker). Reboot and install the Logitech drivers before plugging in the web cam. Reboot. Then plug in the web cam and see what happens. Have you tried any other USB devices? What happens with them?

3. scandalous1au

you have it correct and no they do not have anything to do with one and other except in device manager they are both seen as imaging devices and both have the same error code 41 other usb devices are working fine
    i have no other firewire device to try but the card shows no errors in device manager...I will hunt out my mother board disc and try what you said though

4. scandalous1au

Motherboard is an asus P4s800 and i have the disk reinstalled the drivers and the problem remains I have attached a jpg to show the errors i have any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

5. sanzan

sanzan Private E-2

I am following this thread eagerly. I have posted about the error 41 occurring about my keyboard. reloading all the drivers doesn't help me to get the thing to find my keyboard, either. Yes, the code 41 says the drivers load. I have removed all, unloaded drivers, powered off, plugged back in, etc., as you have said. It's odd. HP can't help me. It's a different motherboard, but it's from Asus, too.
    I, too, recently fixed a downloader Trojan which somehow came in when I turned off my ZA to install a new router/gateway from Bellsouth/ATT. Followed their instructions, and in minutes I had this downloader trojan. ZA detected and removed it, but you know how it is....This keyboard error came in at night, a couple days later.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds