Device Manager problems but don't know how to fix them

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Miira13, May 9, 2012.

1. Miira13

Miira13 Private E-2

I recently re installed my Windows XP Home CD, because my sound device wasn't working, so I paid for a PC guy to come around & fix my PC for other issues that were not working correctly, like my Mobile USB drive. He told me it was my Motherboard, so He re installed the XP Cd.
    Sadly I am still having the same issues, & upset that I paid this guy to fix my computer & nothing was fixed, in fact I now have lost alot of stuff I had before the re installment.

I need help in trying to fix the red x areas & yellow, in the picture I have pasted below..

Please let me know if you can see the image.
    :)

[​IMG]

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

No image attached, therefore no one sees anything but your post.

Was the motherboard replaced? If so what brand and model because it sounds like the chipset drivers were not installed?

If the motherboard was not replaced, was is the make and model of PC so we can find chipset drivers.

3. Miira13

Miira13 Private E-2

Hi,
    thanks for getting back to me, yes it was replaced, but without my knowledge, a n Ex Housemate decided to replace with his, without informing be first.
    Since Im only a novice user, could you please help me find the model & brand, where abouts can I find all this info?

Thanks

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Download Belarc Advisor http://majorgeeks.com/Belarc_Advisor_d1385.html
    Run Advisor.exe and eventually your web browser will show all the information about the hardware and software in the computer.

You may want to print the pages out for your personal information. I routinely do this on all my computers so I can see at a glance what is inside.

Post the make and all letters and numbers after the motherboard.

5. Miira13

Miira13 Private E-2

Hi, can you please direct me to where I would find the info on my Motherboard?

I went into the link you gave me, & downloaded clicked on 'run' I have attached a 'screenshot' of what was found, but I cannot go to 'download all' because I have to purchase it.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

6. Miira13

Miira13 Private E-2

Hi, I will try & post up the 'screen shot again'.

Im just not quite sure what to do, I've followed your 4 steps but have no clue what to do... sorry to be such a pain, I just have no clue about computers, sorry.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Miira13

Follow the below as exactly written and attach the log and we can work out what motherboard you have, also do tell us what devices in device manager have the red x's and yellow ! marks as this helps narrow down the drivers needed.

Please do not use that driverscanner to install any drivers as at times these applications do not find the correct driver and drivers should only be installed from the original makers sites and drivers are free, whereas these applications want you to subscribe.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds