Device will not load downloaded WIN 98 driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ionica, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Ionica

Ionica Private E-2

Hello
    I recently bought a MP3 player to run with an Athlon 2000 Win98SE PC. The software on the disk that came with the player is for XP but like the man said 98 drivers can be downloaded from Samsung site. Did this, the downloaded file was supposed to be self extracting but not so, however opened with Winzip to desktop.First tried clicking on file mtpsmgr.exe., some sort of loading menue flashed across the screen so quick could not read what it said.
    On reboot device software would not load so went to Device manager, device shows as being there but no drivers loaded.when clicking "update driver" and pointing loader to each of the 11 downloaded files in turn get message "windows cannoy locate driver". I seem to remember the same problem about a year ago with a card reader via a downloaded file which I gave up on.
    I am running USB printer, keyboard and camera but these came with 98 drivers on the a disk so there could be an issue with downloading drivers that I am not aware of. Sorry if this message goes on a bit but I am unsure what is relevant.
    Can any one help
    Regards Ionica

Note, As a newbie I was told to use not more than two lines for signature, not sure what this means so apologies if I have done it again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds