DHCP scope question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrudella, Jul 27, 2007.

1. mrudella

mrudella Private First Class

Hey guys,
    Have a question about a DHCP server configured within Windows Server 2003. I currently have it configured properly, using address range 192.168.1.n, but we've changed our mind and need to create another DHCP scope; one for computers that need Internet and the other for computers that don't need Internet. However, they all need to be able to communicate together on the LAN.
    So, I've gone in and created another scope, using address range 192.168.2.n, obviously on the same subnet. But, other than doing reserved address for all of the computers, how do I tell a computer to connect to a certain scope?
    I've googled, but I've been unsuccessful so far.

Mark

2. mrudella

mrudella Private First Class

By the way, there is only this one DHCP server with one NIC in operation right now. It has another available NIC, though. All of the computers are hooked to the same switch.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds