DHL Email Virus Removal - unable to login even on safe mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by y_u_nv_me, Jan 27, 2010.

1. y_u_nv_me

y_u_nv_me Private E-2

Hi,

I have opened the DHL zip email and my computer is infected. I know there are a number of DHL virus removal threads and have read the Read & Run Me thread to try and run in safe mode to go through the steps but the system won't even allow me to go past the login page. After I trying to enter my password in normal and safe modes, it keeps logging me out automotically and keeps repeating.

Here is what I've done since my computer was infected: I downloaded SuperAntiSpyware, ran a full scan, kept the log and deleted the files found by the scan. The pop ups still came up and computer was still slow so I tried to uninstall and re-install SuperAntiSpyware again. My computer froze and switched it off and back on again and at this point, it won't let me past the login page and keeps logging me out automatically.

I was hoping someone may be able to help me with this.

I'm currently running Windows XP, SP3 (I'm pretty sure). Not sure what other information is required but let me know.

thanks in advance,

NY

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I have moved your thread to the software forum as we can not help you with malware until you can boot to a stable system. Once you can do that, you may start a new thread in malware with the requested logs attached.

You may try doing this:
    How to recover from a corrupt registry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds