diable found new hardware for certain devices

Discussion in 'Software' started by spanktastic2120, Apr 4, 2010.

1. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

i switched from win xp 32 bit to 64 bit and the printer i have cannot be properly installed on 64 bit windows xp, but it can be half installed i guess, here is a link to the workaround.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lang=en&lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00625738

the printer has 2 entries in the device manager, its supposed to be this way, one is for the printer and the other is for the sd card reader it has. i installed it with this workaround, and it prints and reads sd cards fine, but every startup im prompted with 2 found new hardware wizard windows for each of the devices. is there any way that i can get the wizard to stop prompting for just those devices?

i saw a guide online to install a null driver, it wasnt very detailed and im not sure if that would cause the printer to stop working.

under the device manager bothe devices are shown with the yellow question mark.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds