DIABLO 2 Freezes my entire system HELP!

Discussion in 'Software' started by jarrod, Sep 10, 2005.

1. jarrod

jarrod Private E-2

I am having trouble running Diablo II on my new laptop.

I am running XP Pro with all the current updates and Serv. Packs.

Diablo Keeps freezing in the middle of games.

I am wondering if it is conflicting with some of my background processes i have running.

I shutdown all my startup programs including Norton and McAfee andthe Microsoft Anti SpyWare...so this pretty much leaves no programs running,

only the stupid background processes.

I tried terminating some of the processes in the background, but i ended up somehow turning off the sound...

this is pretty annoying, since i dont know what all these cryptic processes are running in the background.

I can screenshot my list of processes and post them if someone wants.

please let me know how i can fix this...or if anyone knows of a program i can run to give me an actual description of WHAT is running in the background, also please let me know.

thanks

-J

2. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

3. jarrod

jarrod Private E-2

I ran the command you told me to and some interesting information became readily available.

Its a gateway 7330GZ
    Mobile Intel P4 3.06Ghz
    480 megs of ram
    direct x 9.0c

Display:
    Intel 64MB 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller
    my current display is 1280x800 @32bit @60HZ (wouldnt 75Hz be better on my eyes?)

Is there a better resolution possible?

I will download and run that other program right now...

I will get back to you in a little while, thanks a lot!

-Jarrod

4. jarrod

jarrod Private E-2

here is the log file for process explorer...i am pretty clueless as to what any of this stuff is...
    you may have to walk me through this :)

i am a geek, but not too smart ... haha :)

thanks for all your help!

-J

Attached Files:

5. jarrod

jarrod Private E-2

I also did a screenshot and pasted into MS word of the processes running when i went into the task mgr.

i dont know if there will be any discernable differences.

thanks again!

-Jarrod

Attached Files:

6. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

Freezing wile playing games are caused by graphic driver problems,hardware problems,or incompatible game for your hardware.When you did dxdiag what was the note in the directx files tab?Are all files ok?Also check your device manager.Check your display adapter properties>resources.Does it show any conflict?And Install the latest graphic card driver.
    Most of the processes are either system processes or nortons.You also have an instance of sqlserver.exe and prismxl.sys.(these canot be the problem however)Do the freezer occur while you are online.Only while you play diablo?For laptop/TFT screens 60HZ refresh rate will be fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds