Dial up and Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlanning, Jun 26, 2008.

1. dlanning

dlanning Private E-2

Trying to help my Dad out. He uses BellSouth DSL, and I set him up on a Lynksis Wireless Router and everything is working fine. He can view his emails, and surf the net. When he clicks on a hyperlink in an email on Outlook Express, it took him to an AOL dial up page. Since he does not use dial up, it led me to believe his OE is set up to go to dial up, even though we've already gone through the Internet Options and chosen "never to dial up". We went in to the OE and told it as well not to dial up (since it did not try to dial up unless he was using the hyperlink on OE. Now when he clicks on the link, it does not go to dial up, but just sits there.

Any suggestions out there?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Have a check in Internet Explorer for any left over Dialup settings being left in Connections, open IE goto > Tools > Internet Options > Connections and if any old Dialup settings left remove them, even if you click do not dial, it still has some tenious link to DUN.

3. dlanning

dlanning Private E-2

I did that with the computer. Everywhere I could think of that had a hint of telling the computer to dial up, I went in and removed. Like I said, when we removed all the dial up networks saved in the tools on both internet explorer and outlook express, it no longer tries to connect, but just sits there. Thanks for the response though.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Try re-registering the url dll, so click Start > Run and type ( or cut and paste this ) regsvr32 urlmon.dll *note there is a space between 2 and u

then try the hyperlinks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds