Dial-Up Box Pops Up When I Click On Desktop Icon

Discussion in 'Software' started by redryder, Apr 16, 2005.

1. redryder

redryder Private First Class

This is a very annoying problem that I hope someone can help me solve.
    Everytime that I click on MusicMatch Jukebox icon on my desktop, my dial-up box appears. I have gone over all the settings on Music Match Jukebox and unchecked every thing that I can find concerning internet connections. This problem has also ocurred a few times with other icons. There must be a program that is trying to dial-up but I can't find it. Is there a tool that can help me find whatever is trying to dial-up? I also checked out Media Player and cleared anything that I could find concerning the internet. Any help would be greatly appreiated.

Red

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Does it pop-up when you start your computer?

As your desktop loads, watch the icons as they appear next to your clock. Which one has not appeared yet when the Dial-up box starts popping up, that could be the program causing it.

Steve

3. redryder

No, the dial-up box does not pop up when I start my computer, just when I click Music Match icon. Thanks for answering.

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Try this,

- Open Musicmatch Jukebox.
    - Click the "View" menu.
    - Click "My Library".
    - Click the "Options" menu.
    - Click "Settings".
    - Deselect the options under "Permission to communicate with Musicmatch server".
    - Click the "CD Lookup/Connectivity" tab.
    - Disable the CD lookup service.

Steve

5. redryder

I have done all this except it is under Options in Music Match 9.0 I have disabled everything that I could find concerning the internet.

6. Anon-068c403e2d

Anon-068c403e2d Anonymized

Did you check where the icon leads to?
    Which files shortcut it is?
    Is it an installer,that downloads from the net?

7. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Also, have you let Music Match access the internet? If not, let it connect one time. Might just need some type of Certificate Authorization.

Steve

8. redryder

Yes, I typed in my password and went online, but it did not take me to Music Match or any site. This makes me wonder why the box pops up and yet no program loads. Can't figure it out. I'm thinking of uninstalling Music Match 9.0 and reinstalling 8.0.

9. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Does it do it from the MusicMatch entry in the Start Menu?

Try deleting the desktop MusicMatch icon and creating another one.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds