Did I need New Hubs?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MsGeeks, Sep 2, 2004.

1. MsGeeks

MsGeeks Private E-2

We are a small company extending in building size but not in people. I am moving a few people around and have been advised that I need new hubs, even though are existing ones have spaces in? Do you think I should buy them?
    I am having cabling work done, so that people can move, but I just confused about the whole thing. Can you help?

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

If (example) you add three user to a Room that does not have a Hub/Switch.

Instead of using available ports on a Hub/Switch that it is else where and thus dragging three CAT 5 cables to the new room. It is cheaper and yields better Network if drag only One CAT5 to the room, put there a New Hub/Switch and connect the new computer locally to the Hub/Switch.

There can be other variations on this theme use your Imagination and you will find the right solution.

:cool:

3. MsGeeks

MsGeeks Private E-2

Thanks Cat5e, I'm new to this sort of stuff, but learning fast.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds