Did Win7 System Restore eat *.js files?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ethveg, Jan 21, 2011.

1. ethveg

ethveg Private E-2

I posted this to a similar thread, but on consideration I realize that that problem was about a restore in Safe Mode, and according to the Restore software that's a different problem (which maybe can't be fixed.)

My HTML editor on a Windows7 laptop that is NOT onilne stopped working.

So I used a "System Restore" to go back to a time when it was working. THis wasw NOT in Safe Mode.

Then the editor worked, but all my recent *.js files were GONE!!! DAYS of work (sure I know about backing up but I was on a roll and ...)

So I tried returning to the point before the restore.

The report was that it was successful and that no documents had been afected, but the js files are still missing.

If the Restore is, as the software proisd, reversible, then the files must be stored someplace.

Can anyone tell me how to find them?? (I HOPE - PLEASE be able to tell me they're not erased.)

TIA

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds