different backgrounds

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chocoolives17, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Chocoolives17

Chocoolives17 Private First Class

Hi guys

I don't know if this is the right place to put this or not.... is there some kind of software patch that will allow me to use 2 different backgrounds for 2 different monitors that i have hooked up to my computer? for example i have a 22" monitor at 1680x1050 with a background to fit it... and i have a 15" and the background doesn't fit that monitor so i was wondering if there was a way to change the backgrounds to something different on the second monitor

Thanks

Derek

ps if this helps i have the 7950 gt 512 mb gpu

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Derek and welcome

You could try Display Fusion and its lite version that allows this, some options will be blanked out as you would need the Pro version like changing the wallpapers on a timer, but thats a glitzy option and you can easily manually change them if and when.

Dont have two monitors on this PC at present but this is what the menu options look like
    [​IMG]

Addendum:
    Ultramon is another option, but not free.

Also possibly a way through Windows own menus depending on your Windows version used, forgot at present how to do this, until now and just searched for it, instructions here for XP ( Vista not covered with these menus )

Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  3. Chocoolives17

Chocoolives17 Private First Class

thanks i will try it and see what happens :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds