Digital driver sign check failed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by telomere, Jul 8, 2015.

1. telomere

telomere Private E-2

Hello,

I am trying to boot widnows 10 live cd on a linux system. It shows teh windows logo and says digital driver sign check failed and asks me to press f8. I do the same and wait for advanced boot options to come up but it never comes up. The screen just blinks. I do not jave windows installed on my system. I have partitioned my system and trying to install win 10. I tried googling but many trouble shootings are done through regedit or by pressing win+c key n going to advanced boot options. I can't do any of those as I am in a win10 cd and have only linux on my system. Any suggestions would be aprecciated. Also is there a way to directly install windows to the desired partition from win website rather than burning it into an iso image cd? Kindly help

2. Xernicus

Xernicus Private E-2

Basically you've got a third party driver that's not signed by the manufacturer. Windows 8+ blocks those drivers from installing or initializing to prevent malicious software from being installed. This error can also happen from pirated software trying to bypass hardware locks (not going to go into any more details there).

If you have downloaded a copy of the Windows 10 Insider Preview that is a "live" system, I'd hedge my bets on there being something malicious on there, or the person who packaged everything threw in some "bundles". Sign up for the official program and download the legit image.

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

There's no such thing as a Windows Live CD. No version of Windows will run from a CD/DVD like Linux can. It will install to a hard drive/SSD from the installation DVD you burned or if you have a program that can mount ISO images on your Linux drive, the installation can be run from the mounted ISO.

4. telomere

telomere Private E-2

Hi mdonah I know thr i s no windows live cd, what I meant was I made an installation CD out of the win 10 preview.iso and tried to install it on one of the partitions. Neverthless, things are taken care of.

5. telomere

telomere Private E-2

Thanks Xernicus, I managed to install some other version of windows. Thanks for your input, appreciated much.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds