dim and bright

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N84Christ, Sep 20, 2009.

1. N84Christ

N84Christ Private First Class

Hi I own a compac presario f750 and the computer screen keeps switching from dim to bright. The icon tray shows that it is plugged in and charging. Is there some one who can give me some advice, it is driving me nuts with the screen going dim and bright.

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Sounds like the power plug could be loose or something is going out.

If it is still under warranty consider getting a replacement.

3. N84Christ

thanks but the warrenty stop about 2 months after this issue.

4. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

does it do it after you unplug the laptop?

5. N84Christ

If i unplug it, it dims and stays dim.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

A laptop running off battery will dim to save battery.
    Remove the battery and attach the laptop to the electric. The screen should stay bright.
    The dim and bright cycle indicates that your laptop is switching between battery and electric instead of staying on electric when plugged in.

7. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

I think what he said was the laptop switched between dim and bright with pluged in if I understood his problem correctly

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Yes and I told him to remove the battery so the computer will not switch between using the battery and using the power/mains. If there is no battery in the laptop, it will not switch to battery mode so the screen will not dim.

9. pervnerve

pervnerve Private First Class

That may do well as a workaround, but it's not an ideal solution. Maybe you should try reseating the battery, as well as checked for any looseness around the power port. Do you notice, even for a fraction of a second, the plug icon disappearing at any point?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds