Dimension C521 crash and no drivers on reboot?

Discussion in 'Software' started by billybrew, Apr 17, 2008.

1. billybrew

billybrew Private E-2

I was unaware of any problems till now I came home it was slow so i rebooted and now it won't stop rebooting I think I may need professional help?
    It will boot in safe mode and thats about it without restarting over and over?
    I have a dell dimension C521 desktop with windows xp I had XP put on this computer because vistas codecs packs wouldnt run my studio software i.e. magix/cakewalk music studio programs well vista was not up to date with the codecs so I had someone install xp I have a vista disc it seems just wiping it may be the only option I am up for suggestions though! I can deal with it being wiped I don't like it but the only fishy files i saw recently on mine are NTDAT files that I didn't make or don't know where it came from? However when I tried to run win doc it said someone else had exclusive accsess to that drive win doc couldn't check local disc... so i looked the next time i rebooted yesterday and it said C$ << that exact user? Now it says there is no drivers on the system and wont let me connect to the internet it says theres no ethernet card! Funny thing I just paid this computer off! And now all the problems come but I'm in desprate need of help as to how to get the drivers i need for my comp and burn to a disc?

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...temID=DIM_P4_C521&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
    Dell support link for drivers etc. for Dimension C521, you will need to choose an operating system and language. Perhaps you can download the drivers on another system or try safe mode with networking to get on line, save drivers to CD or flash drive if on another system, and try installing drivers in safe mode through the device manager. Wondering about XP install after Vista, and how it was done. Any newly installed programs? System restore is not an option? I use windows backup utility and it has pulled me out of a few jams, always make a backup before working on someone else's system. If you use XP Home the backup utility can be installed from an XP installation disk. If all else fails copy any important information to an external media, drive, and reinstall XP. It should go without saying to use a password, firewall, and anti virus on your pc, and keep Windows updated. Hang tough...
    Bug

3. billybrew

billybrew Private E-2

Thanks for responding bug yeah I was a dummy and let a friend work on my comp changing it to xp now i dont even have factory restore and it and i guess when he set the computer up declined from installing system restore or whatever you got to do will not connect to internet for anything says ive got a sound driver and that it on it kinda hard becaus i cant have both comps running only one cord like this one I am borrowing and Mine if I am here im not on it and nothing reads not even discs for the internet. I know another computer guy i guess i might have to take it he says he will reinstall all of it for 50 bucks this is not really my hobby or anything i was kinda forced into it from analog to digital i went with recording and such I am a musician which is irrelevant digital is better is why i even put my fingers on one of these everso changing machines! Ok all my systems ran fine no probs till i changed it to xp and had symantec on there I really believe it was win doc that messed it up because before it crashed it kept doing some wierd stuff saying all registry was clean but 1 thing which could be inspected and removed if harmful on check disc but i also read on a dell forum that win doc and chek disc coflict i hear different stuff from different sites my comp now does not have safe mode or nothing I really aprreciate all your help on this site though i almost got a laptop im working on fixed through your run read me process and frankly you guys helped me where no one else answers so please know I am greatfull for the help and assistance if i repeat myself sorry just making sure i give you guys all info about that system ok now im off to see if i could get the drivers for it! :hyper

4. billybrew

billybrew Private E-2

Ok bug got it back from shop there was no way to get them updates being as my drivers were none abut audio I didn't have a working pc to connect to with the same stuff so i just had him reformat the os all seems to be going well just went now and dld the link u sent me for my drivers thanks again! Now where should i be directed to learn about good safe network experience i have netgear router says its web safe but phsssshhh 3 comp crashes trough it I dont think thats safe lol! I play mmorpgs and make music on here Ironiclly the crash happened immediatly after myspace account was compromised and never retreived might I add wat a headache well in turn they also got yahoo acct wich i snagged back with the quickness! THESE PPL NEED TO BE DEALT WITH unfourtunetly the prolly work for dell! lol im paranoid though thats my take on it or digruntled employees with too much knowledge!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds