Dimmed icons in Vista after malware removal

Discussion in 'Software' started by razev3, Sep 10, 2011.

1. razev3

razev3 Private E-2

Haven't posted in a while...here it goes. I recently had malwarebytes remove some program that hid all the desktop icons and several other folders within the C: drive. Once I removed the malware, the folders showed up, but they are now checked as "hidden", so they show up dimmed/faded out. I have my settings to be able to view hidden files.

I can individually right-click every folder and uncheck the box that reads "hidden", but this could potentially take hours or days.

Is there a way in Vista to uncheck "Hidden" on all folders at once? I tried folder options in control panel, but the best I could find was "show hidden files" which I already have activated. There has to be a more efficient way than going through each folder one-by-one.

Thanks

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Hello, looks like you got an infection that changed the attributes of the files on the machine to hidden (+H). Probably you're shortcuts as well. If I understand the shortcuts are backed up to a temp folder so don't run a temp cleaning app.

Please head over to The Read & Run Me:

Once you have the logs that are requested, please start a thread in, Malware Removal:

Attach the requested logs, please.

Cheers..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds