Dinner party for 8 - perfect guests?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Grumbles, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

[​IMG]

My wife asked me to come up with a list of 6 guests that we should invite over for a dinner party and after some deliberation I came up with my 'wish' list : Dead or Alive!!

#1 Walt Disney

#2 Albert Einstein

#3 Marilyn Monroe

#4 Elvis Presley

#5 Andrew Carnegie

#6 Julia Roberts

(My wife and I make up the 8 at the table)

Just a dream LOL

Who would be your 6 guests that you would invite over?!

2. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

Einstein is good.

Einstein, Von Neumann, Ted Taylor (I have actually ate with him). Having problems coming up with more though.

3. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Admire and love what these people have done and reckon they would also mix well as guests:
    1. Law Lord, previously a Court Justice - Lord Denning of Whitchurch

2. Nelson Mandela

3. Leonardo Da Vinci

4. Sir Isaac Newton

5. Egypt’s Pharaoh - Amenhotep IV – better known as Akhenaten

6. Wolfgang Mozart

4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

1. Jesus

2. My pastor (he'd never forgive me if I invited Jesus and not him :p )

3. Musky (he'd never forgive me if I cooked deer and didn't invite him...plus he needs to get saved :p)

4. Hugh Laurie

5. Keifer Sutherland

6. President Bush

Man, that's going to be one heck of a dinner conversation :D

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

In no particular order:

Jesus, Muhammed, Buhdda, Moses, Einstein and Alan Watts as moderator. I want to know what all the hooplah is all about?

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

You forgot Darwin LOL

7. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

:cool I am flattered....
    :confused and thought I was saved (Catholics ARE Christians, too), but Jesus would be able to verify that for me. :D
    Now where did I put my good halo? roflmao

8. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

OK, here's my list:

1) Admiral Elmo Zumwalt
    2) John Glenn
    3) John F. Kennedy
    4) Edgar Allen Poe
    5) Dennis Hopper
    6) Dennis Ehli (Long Lost Friend and Shipmate)
    (sorry, Lev we just had dinner) LOL

Geek List:

1) Lev
    2) Mankind
    3) Grumbles
    4) Kestrel13!
    5) Burning Monkey
    6) Augiedoggie
    (Rikky, if my wife says it's OK, you could come too) roflmao

9. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

1. Nicolas Cage
    2. Jessica Alba
    3. Steve Jobs
    4. Ma
    5. Adrynalyne
    6. Lev

10. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

What noone picked me? :cry

I dont really have a list (may think of one later just to lazy right now) I just wanted everyone to know Im offended by not being picked :D

11. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

My new list:
    1) Dyamond
    2-6) Pairs of Dyamond's shoes
    roflmaoroflmaoroflmao

12. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Wow....I feel......fat....errr....I mean.....flattered :D

13. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

None of those famous people for me thanks. What with all those big egos in one room together, and the paparazzi trampling my lawn and flower beds (if summer ever gets here).:D
    Grumbles did say "perfect guests", so I'm gonna go with Ray and Judy, Keith and Kim, and Mike and Cathy. They always show up, they never complain, and they bring there own booze.
    Everyone here can come to the summer pool party though, we're not limited to eight.

14. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

roflmao I only get to pick 6 pairs?? besides dont change your list now, I know how you really feel :p LOL

Ok, I thought about it and here are my peoples.

1. my old pastor and his wife AKA my adoptive parents.
    2. my new pastor and his wife
    3. my oldest sister and her husband
    4. my second oldest sister

Now I know none of these people are rich and/or famous but all these people have had (and continue to have) a profound impact on my life. I would love to spend time with them especially my adoptive parents, I'd settle just hearing their voices.. its been almost 2 years already! So... yup thats my 8 folks (including me of course :D)

15. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Nah...disagree about interfering egos as far as my "guest list" goes, because they are all teachers of sorts with a lot to impart, each with philosophical outlooks. And they all have a lot in common with each other.

I reckon interesting conversations, rich in subjects, clever humour (such as Dennings) would make it a fun and enthralling time with such a mix of legends if such a wish list came about...but one can only dream on.:)

16. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

ALBERT EINSTEIN to explain the theory of relativity
    BILL GATES to explain how to rule the world
    GEORGE BUSH to explain how he conned America
    GEORGE DARWIN to explain why are we here
    THOMAS JEFFERSON to explain where it all went wrong
    MY WIFE AND I to explain why we did it
    SLY STALLONE to explain why he's a moderator

17. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Charles couldn't make it, then?? ~ Sent his son, instead. ....LOL

18. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

OOPS:eek:

19. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

Oooo, DaVinci is good too. Add him to my list. And Shakespeare would be cool too, to see if he really existed.

So a better list is;
    1) Einstein
    2) Von Neumann
    3) Atansoff
    4) Da Vinci
    5) Shakespeare
    6) Ghengis Khan
    7) a randomly selected MG member (would hate to play favorites and you all are decent folks)

20. HelpMeWithMyMac

HelpMeWithMyMac Private E-2

I'm not sure about Laurie and Fry, but I would invite Bertie Wooster and Jeeves definitely:D

I'd make up a list of 6 fictional characters:

1. Holmes

2. Watson

3. Jeeves

4. Wooster

5. Raskol'nikov ('Crime And Punishment' by Dostoevskiy)

6. Gandalf The Grey :D:D

I don't think we'll be able to strike a decent conversation. All characters are so different

21. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Good luck with that one......even if you did manage to get Charles to come along! ;)

22. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Great thread!:)

No order-

1.Robert Robert Mcnamara --Past US secretary of defense during the Cuban missile crisis,if you don't know who he is I really recommend this movie-
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317910/

2.Adolf Hitler--- To find out if he really believed there was a Jewish conspiracy.

3.Any SAS soldier.

4.My dead Granddad--- Who I never met he died young of a heart attack 6 months before I was born,he was really into electronics and gadgets which he taught my dad and my dad taught me but all I ever here from my family is "I wish your granddad could have met you before he died,he would have loved you your just like him."

5.Steven Spielberg --- Better put him and Hitler at opposite ends of the table.:D

6.Neil Armstrong or Edwin 'Buzz' Aldrin.

7.My future wife - Hopefully she'll be really intelligent and can help with the questions.:)

23. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Cool list BM.

I first "feel in love" with Da Vinci when studying art at high school. Such an exceptional man because he was more than just an artist...so talented. I was in 7th Heaven:heart a few years back when our Art Gallery exhibited some of his drawings, sketches and note books.

As for Shakespeare, he would definitely be my 7th choice as a guest...and yes, he does exist, a visit to Stratford-upon-Avon most certainly would confirm that.;)

Ghengis Khan would be an interesting guest historically, though he wouldn't fit into my group...maybe a better fit in with Rikky's guest list:p

24. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Hmmm I do have three war related guests don't I? Maybe I should throw Ghandi in to balance things out :D

25. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

If I were you, I'ld sit him next to Hitler:D

26. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

I wasn't sure if the "conspiracy" about if Shakespeare was 1 real guy or a ghost writer for a group of play writes was still going on. As far as a town milking a famous figure for tourist dollars, I am not that far from a town who's claim to fame is that it is the "future" birthplace of James T. Kirk.

27. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Heard about that conspiracy...my understanding is that it was professional envy that started up that rumour.

Didn't hear about the "birthplace of James T. Kirk":D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds