DIRECT-X Woes im having....

Discussion in 'Software' started by wolfman13, Nov 6, 2006.

1. wolfman13

wolfman13 Private E-2

I have just recently purchased a couple of new games for my PC.
    Both games require I have DirectX 9.0c.
    I have attempted to download this upgrade and an error occurs that says
    """ AN internal Error has occured ..cannot download '".

One of the games I purchased "NFL Head Coach" gives me the option to serch my PC for requirements and compatibility. When this search occurs it shows I DO have Directx 9.0c.
    For some reason my sytem is not registering that DirectX 9.0c is there.

I have a Vision Tek XTASY 9200 graphics card if this helps anyone.
    I also do not have PCI express.

Someone please help me undertand what is occuring and perhas some tips on how to fix it.

Thank you so much for your help!

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Try this:

1. Hit windows key + r (or click Start --> Run)
    2. In the run dialog, type 'dxdiag' (without the quotes)
    3. Press enter (or click 'OK')

This will launch the directx diagnosis utility. This will show you which version you currently have installed, and gives you a series of tests to ensure that it is functioning correctly. Once you are satisfied that this is installed and running on your system, we can move on to the problems with the games you are trying to install.

3. wolfman13

wolfman13 Private E-2

Thank you for your Input. I have followed your instructions and there is no indication that DirectX 9.0c is not functioning. Everything seems to checkout ok.

I have treid to reistall the two programs I spoke about and the same message shows up """" cannot install program because it requires DirectX 9.0c or higher to run"""

If you have anyohter input in this:confused: matter it would be much apreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds