DirectX 9.0/Windows Logo Test

Discussion in 'Software' started by fireflylost, Jun 23, 2006.

1. fireflylost

fireflylost Private E-2

Hello good peeps,

I recently tried to upgrade my Direct X to 9.0 to play some new games that I’ve brought.
    I downloaded the newest version of DirectX off of the Microsoft website, and open it to install. Everything goes fine, until this message pops up.

"The software you are installing has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP"

The software install then rolls back the install and now I can't use DirectX 9.0.

I already redownloaded DirectX 9.0 to make sure it wasn’t corrupted, and I have downloaded it from various other sites [MajorGeeks.com, Download.com] but the Windows Logo message pops up each time.

Anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

2. YooperLady

YooperLady Private First Class

Does the box give you the choice to run it anyways? Usually it will give you that choice. I gather you are running windows xp? Normally it will give you a choice and have a box that you can click that says install anyways. If it does, just use that box to install it.

3. fireflylost

fireflylost Private E-2

That's what someone told me over MSN, but the pop-up gives me no choice other than "Ok"

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds