DirectX/Direct Draw problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by jarrod, Oct 14, 2005.

1. jarrod

jarrod Private E-2

I am trying to run Diablo II on my computer.

I have a decent video card (128mb gforce)

I have downloaded all the applicaple drivers for directX (only 7.0 is required to run diablo)

When Diablo goes into the "video test mode" it comes back and says it cant be run on my computer, which i know is a total lie.

Then if i try to run diablo anyway, it gives me an error and says that driect draw was not able to initialize.

I tried looking under my explorer in SYSTEM32 at the directX folder to use the diagnostic tool in Direct X - to no avail, because there is no diagnostic tool.

Does anyone know how to get direct draw to work with direct X properly?

All my drivers are current. I dont know where to start.

Someone suggested it may also be an issue with Windows2000 since it uses NT technology, but i dont see what that would have to do with anything.

thanks

-Jarrod

2. jarrod

jarrod Private E-2

I decreased hardware accleration to near the minimum and the error i get is still

"ERROR 22: A critical error has ocurred while initializing direct draw"

ugh (hey at least i found the diagnostic tool finally)

3. jarrod

jarrod Private E-2

I have a screenshot of the progress i have made so far.

please let me know if there is anythign else I can do to fix this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2005
  4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

One thing I don't get, you say you have a "128mb gforce"

Why does your DirectX screenshot of the diagnostic tool show that you have an ATI Radeon 9250?

And try shutting down Netmeeting as it's instructing you to.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds