Disable auto restart & BSOD

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jul 23, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I have a PC here that is crashing to a BSOD. It's running XP Home and is not SP2. I think it's SP0 (that's what I call pre-SP1) and it doesn't have "Disable automatic restart upon system failure" in the F8 boot options menu. So, is there a way I can add this option either to the boot menu or maybe add a switch to the boot.ini file that will disable auto restart. I need to be able to see the BSOD in order to diagnose and repair this freekin' thing.....

Thanks!!!

[dlb]

2. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Can you enter Windows?(safe mode)
    If yes,right click "My Computer">properties>go to Advanced>and there uncheck"automaticaly restart"

Good Luck!!!!

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Nope. That's why I need to add the option to the F8 menu, or add a switch to the boot.ini file (or whatever file I can add a switch to).
    The PC will flash the BSOD super fast and reboot and I need to stop the reboot so I can read the BSOD and try to repair it...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds