Disabled Network Adaptor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dplesnick, Sep 17, 2004.

1. dplesnick

dplesnick Private E-2

I have a Desktop and a Laptop in my office, both connected to the LAN. My Desktop keeps losing it's network connections. When this happens, I go to My Network Places/Properties, then Local Area Connections/Properties. I Disable the adaptor, then Enable it and my connections come back to life. Sometimes they die again in about 15 seconds and sometimes they stay connected for up to 45 minutes.

I just had a NIC card replaced today and have the same thing happening.

But, when my Desktop loses it's network connections, the ping from my Laptop still receives a reply from the Desktop. I can even Map a Desktop drive and copy a file to the Laptop, even though I cannot connect to the Internet or even use Telnet on our Lan from the Desktop.

I've been advised to Reload Windows 2000 (run a sword through my heart) , but thought I'd ask for some Help first.

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds