disabling keys on the keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by siona, Jan 20, 2012.

1. siona

siona Private E-2

i am not a programmer, \i'm afraid. \i just need to disable the slash/bar key next to the shift up key - as you can see \I keep hitting the slash/bar key when \i am trying to capitalize a letter. \i would just like to disable the damn thing!

\\tried downloading a little app called \keytweak but the layout is not the same as my acer aspire one netbook.

any ideas\|?

\thanks a lot.....\siona

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Here's the codes for the keys http://www.usnetizen.com/fix_capslock.php
    so the backslash code is 2B 00 and the enter key is 1C 00 the F12 key is 58 00 so I can see in the video how the right black slash key is replaced by the F12 key.

I don't know enough to tell you what to remove if you don't have a left backslash key on your netbook keyboard.

4. siona

siona Private E-2

thanks to you both for these solutions. \not quite what \i need but i really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my cry for help!

\siona

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds