Disaster! Locked out of all email accounts!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ibsen3, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Ibsen3

Ibsen3 Private First Class

Hi everyone,

This seems crazy! I noticed that, whilst using one of my regular forums, I couldn't access a password-protected area and asked for help from the moderators. No one could work out why as I was using the correct login information every time.

Now it seems to have affected everything. I am locked out of my MSN account and my yahoo account, which normally acts as the reserve email account if my other account fails to work for some reason. Yet, whilst the MSN account just keep reloading before telling me there is something wrong with the login, my yahoo account seems not to recognise my information at all....and the forum account also claims that I've typed the wrong password even when I know for a fact that others are logging in with no problems.

Furthermore, each one of those accounts I just mentioned uses a completely different password. However, I can still automatically login here and in various other locations.

There seem to be a few postings about this issue on the internet but none of it is very helpful. It seems to point towards a very negative outcome of having totally lost the account. I can't afford to lose these accounts as they are a major point of contact for me.

Could somebody please suggest some kind of a solution? Thanks for anything you can offer.

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

msn help central
    About a year ago, my ebay account was hacked and from their they took over my msn /hotmail account because they were linked and shared the same email account. I can't get you back to your MSN account but if you contact them and verify important that only you know they can assist you in unlocking your account. They will need information about the last IP addresses you used to log into your account as well as personal information you have used over the time you had the account. They will contact you by phone since the account may not yet be secured. So it is possible to get the information back it's just going to take a effort on your end. As far as yahoo I'm not sure how they work..

3. Ibsen3

Hi,

I've found the 'get more help' section but that too fails to get to the intended site. Instead, I get this error message:

"Redirect Loop

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
    * NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is likely a server configuration issue and not your computer."

It's got nothing to do with cookies so it seems I have no way of even contacting them. Here is the error message that my browser eventually gives me after clearly trying many times:

"Error symbol The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:

* This site may be experiencing a problem
    * The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network

You can:

* You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network, or try again later at this site."

Would you sending a message yourself....? You could probably just cut and paste this message. I'd be very grateful. I would certainly be able to answer any questions they have. I would also be able to let them know about a few of my contacts and stuff including the fact that I signed up here at majorgeeks ages ago and gave my email address as the contact then.

The email address that I can't get into is: ibsen3@msn.com

However, I can still be contacted at: theplasticcolonel@googlemail.com as this account appears to still work. I only very, very rarely use an IPC address other than my home PC so I can have the information ready for them.

.....unless anyone can think of an alternative route....?

Any help would be very, very gratefully appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  4. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

Use internet explorer instead of firefox and see if it will let you get to the site

5. Ibsen3

Thanks a lot buggabear. That worked! ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds