Disble or enable System Restore

Discussion in 'Software' started by nice_guy, May 11, 2010.

1. nice_guy

nice_guy Private E-2

Dear Majorgeek helper,

Thank you for your help in advance.

I have to download and run the scans as you mentioned, before that I would like to know more about system restore. If I found malwares on my computer, then I have to toggle my system restore, reboot, scan and then after fixing again toggle it to original position. Please correct my belief if I am wrong.

Currently I tried to check what is current status of my system restore. I have Windows XP and I did check under 'system restore' tab. 'Turn off System Restore' words are in grey background, the check box is also in grey background which will not allow me to check it if I want to. In short, I think I am not able to do anything with system restore, this is what I understood. Do I have to take care of this before I proceed further.

Thank you very much for your help.

2. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Hello, nice_guy

This seems to be a case of - completing the R & R ME FIRST guide and posting the requested logs in The Malware Removal Forum, so that your System Restore problem can be corrected. *An infected restore point is always good to have as a fall-back point should removing the malware cause further problems with your machine.

dr.m

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds